– 1 bunch green leaf lettuce (washed and pat dry)
– 1 C sweet potato or yam (thinly sliced)
– 1/2 C of carrots (thinly sliced)
– 1/2 C of acorn or butternut squash (thinly sliced)
– 1/2 cup of baby lima beans
– 2 C bean sprouts
– 1 C stripped pork (thinly sliced)
– 1/2 C shrimp (peeled, cleaned, cut into small pieces)
– 1 medium onion, sliced
– 8 cloves of garlic (mashed)
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp ground pepper
– 2 tsp garlic powder
– 1/4 C soy sauce
– 1/4 C oyster sauce
– 1/2 C oil
– 1 C water
– 2/3 C flour
– 1 C milk
– 3 eggs (beaten)
First beat eggs, add milk, then gradually add flour little by little while mixing until pancake batter consistency.
For Garlic Brown Sauce
– 2 C water
– 1/2 C cornstarch
– 1 C sugar
– 1/3 C soy sauce
– 12 cloves of mashed garlic (add once sauce thickens)
Optional garnish – chopped peanuts.
– Clean the green leaves and set aside.
– Make the wrapper – mix ingredients then in an 8″ frying pan on medium low heat, spray non-stick oil then add 1/4 C batter and twirl pan to spread batter evenly. Do not flip – once the edges peel away from pan, use spatula to remove wrapper and place on separate plate.
– Make the sauce – mix all ingredients except for garlic. add ingredients to a small sauce pan on low heat, mix until sauce thickens, then add mashed garlic. Turn off stove, set aside.
– Boil pork until it changes color and blood floats to top. Rinse and drain pork. Place pork back into pot, fill with fresh water until it covers top of pork and bring to boil. Let cook until water evaporates. In a pan, heat oil and brown garlic, add onions until glossy. Add boiled pork, shrimp and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. In the same pan, heat 1/4 C oil on medium high. Cook string beans for two minutes. Add sweet potato or yam, squash and carrots (cook for two minutes). Add jicama and lima beans (2 minutes). Add bean sprouts (1 minute). Mix all together. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, mix well. Turn off stove and set aside in a bowl. Place a green leaf on top of the wrapper, 1 inch above the edge of the wrapper. Get two tablespoons of sautéed mixture and spread and center to the length of the leaf. Add sauce on top of mixture. Roll the wrapper and set finished wrap on serving tray. Drizzle sauce on top of crepes and sprinkle with optional crushed peanuts.